Due to the impact of COVID-19, the J-FIT Health Club's Aquatics Center offers lap swimming Sunday-Friday for J-Family members ages 13+. Reservations for all aquatics programs are required in advance through the Pozez JCC MINDBODY app. If you must cancel, please update your reservation in the app or email fitness@theJ.org so a member on the waiting list is able to swim.
Our heated, six-lane indoor 25-meter swimming pool has a graduated depth from 3.5’ to 8’. A permanent access ramp provides 0’ to 3.5’ depth access for use by individuals in wheelchairs, small children, and others with special needs. In the locker room, lockers are available, however, the showers and sauna are closed.
Questions? Contact Fitness@theJ.org.
Lap swim by registration is available for members who are ages 13+. All participants must be able to swim independently and adhere to lap swim protocols.
Lap swimmers who are 12 years old are permitted to swim (by registration only) with a parent who is also registered for a lane at the same time. All participants must be able to swim independently and adhere to lap swim protocols.
J-Family cardholders are welcome to sign up for lap lanes which are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Remember to bring a towel as towel service has been suspended.
In an effort to accommodate the increased demand for our pool, a few changes to the schedule have been implemented with the goal of providing pool access to as many members and their families as possible during our operating hours. Please see the updated scheduling information below.
NOTE: If you register for a class and are unable to attend, please update your reservation in the Fitness Reservations app or call 703.323.0880 to inform the J that you will not be attending to make room for another member who is on the waiting list.
1. Lap lane swimming only, for independent swimmers aged 13+, swimmers who are 12 years old must be accompanied by a parent who also reserves a swim lane.
2. Advanced online lane reservation required.
3. Two people/lane (6 lanes at a time; may come from different households)
4. Each hour includes a 45 minute swim session followed by all swimmers out of the pool for 15 minutes to sanitize the area.
5. Remember to bring a towel as towel service has been suspended.
6. Lockers and showers are available for use (remember to bring a towel).
7. There will be a 15 minute grace period for lap swim reservations. Reservations will be held for the first 15 minutes; however, if not in use by that time, the lane may be given away to a waiting member. Please cancel your reservation in the app or call the front desk if you will not make your reservation on time to avoid having it reassigned - 703.323.0880.
Members and guests must wear face coverings while indoors at the J when sharing a common area. If alone in a J-Fit space, the mask can be removed. Should two, or more, people be in the same space, masks must be worn regardless of vaccination status. Social distancing continues to be recommended where possible.
Aqua Training is personal training — in the water! This full-body workout incorporates specialized equipment to enhance the full use of the water's natural resistance and buoyant qualities. By using a low impact environment, the pool creates a safe workout space without sacrificing the intensity.
6 Sessions: $402 ($67 per session)
12 Sessions: $768 ($64 per session; can be paid in two installments of $384)
For questions and to schedule your sessions, please contact Fitness@theJ.org, or call 703.537.3008.
Capacity: 2 people per lane for each session
Wednesdays & Fridays: 8:30am-9:15am
Maximum capacity: 15 people
Mindbody reservations required