FACILITIES HOURS (until further notice)
Closed on Saturday and Sunday
We have the safety and continued good health of our members and staff at the forefront of our preparations for the phased re-opening of our facilities. In addition to incorporating guidance from experts in the field of fitness and wellness, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and state and local governments, we have engaged Global Engineering Solutions to advise us on specific preventive measures the J can implement to keep our community safe. Additionally, we have established a health advisory committee comprised of professionals in public health policy here in Fairfax County. We are confident that we are taking the right approach to opening a safe and healthy environment where our community will feel comfortable and welcomed.
Please review the following policies and procedures so you are familiar with the expectations of our guests prior to your arrival. It will make for a smooth and seamless admission to the J.
ENTERING THE J:
1. Safe Physical Distancing is a Must: You’ll notice markers spaced 6’ apart as you approach the entrance doors. Please allow the person ahead of you to advance before moving to the next marker.
2. Face Covering Required/No Disposable Gloves: Prior to entering the J, everyone 10 years of age and older must have a face mask covering your nose and mouth. Disposable gloves must be removed. Soap and water and hand sanitizer is readily available for comprehensive hand hygiene practices once inside.
When in the J-FIT HEALTH CLUB workout spaces, face masks are recommended, although not required during heavy exertion or while outdoors.
3. COVID-19 Related Health Screening: As you approach the Guest Services Desk, you will read two questions:
a. Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, and/or new loss of taste or smell?
b. Have you been in contact with someone known or presumed to have COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
If you can answer “No” to both questions, you will be allowed to proceed.
If you must answer “Yes” to having symptoms: you will not be admitted to the J that day and may return once you are symptom and fever free and it’s been at least 10 days since the onset of your symptoms.
If you must answer “Yes” to having been in contact with someone known or presumed to have COVID-19: you will not be admitted to the J that day and may return 14 days from your last exposure to that individual.
4. Liability Waiver – the first time you enter the J for in-person programs, you must submit a signed waiver. This can be downloaded from theJ.org (under the Register tab on the top navigation bar), printed and signed to bring with you upon your return. Forms will also be made available at the Guest Services Desk. Once your waiver is submitted, a sticker will be adhered to your Pozez JCC ID so that each time you re-enter the J, you can simply show your ID with the sticker denoting that you have a waiver on file.
5. Body Temperature Checks: Once the above steps are complete, your temperature will be taken with a non-contact thermometer which is placed a few inches from your forehead.
Temperatures of 100.4 and more – you will not be admitted and may return 24 hours from the time your temperature was taken.
6. Once you have passed the screening, you may proceed to your destination.
• Throughout the day, J-FIT HEALTH CLUB support staff and our maintenance staff are equipped with disinfectant spray bottles and towels for regular cleaning of all high-touch surfaces with EPA-listed disinfectant.
• Comprehensive deep cleaning and disinfecting processes are being implemented in the J-FIT HEALTH CLUB and throughout the J each evening.
• Additional hand sanitizing and cleaning stations have been installed. These stations provide disinfecting products for members to apply before and after using equipment.
SAFE PHYSICAL DISTANCING:
• Throughout the facilities, signage has been posted to facilitate increased spacing between members upon entering the main building, throughout the J-FIT HEALTH CLUB including between fitness equipment, and throughout various areas of the buildings.
• You will notice that signs designating particular equipment are not in use have been placed on equipment around the J-FIT HEALTH CLUB. This marks equipment temporarily out of service to adhere to safe distancing requirements or that need disinfecting.
SHOWERS, SAUNAS, AND POOL ARE CLOSED:
Until further notice, the pool, showers, and saunas are not in use. We will continue to evaluate their status based federal and state guidance, health considerations, and financial impact.
With the showers closed, the shower towel service has been discontinued. Members may bring their own workout towel from home, or use one provided by the J.
If you have any questions about the phased re-opening, please contact Membership@theJ.org.
Please note the below holiday building schedule is posted, however, at this time only our J-FIT HEALTH CLUB is open for in-person programming. J-Care, for infants-3rd graders opens on August 25.
The closures below remind you when staff are unavailable in observance of the holidays.
|January 1||New Year's Day||Fitness Facilities only 9am-2pm|
|January 20||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day||Open|
|February 10||Tu B'Shevat||Open|
|February 17||President's Day||Open|
|March 9||Fast of Ester||Open|
|April 8||Passover - 1st Seder||Closed|
|April 21||Yom HaShoah
(No celebratory programs evening of April 20 until sundown April 21)
|April 28||Yom HaZikaron
(No celebratory programs evening of April 27 until sundown April 28)
|April 29||Yom Ha'Atzmaut||Open|
|May 12||Lag B'Omer||Open|
|May 22||Yom Yerushalayim||Open|
|May 25||Memorial Day||Fitness Facilities only 9am-2pm|
|May 28||Shavuot||Close at 5pm|
|July 4||Independence Day||Fitness Facilities only 9am-2pm|
|July 9||Shiva Asar b’Tamuz
(No celebratory programs evening of July 9 until sundown July 29)
|July 29||Erev Tisha B'Av||Open|
|July 30||Tisha B’Av||Open|
|September 7||Labor Day||Fitness Facilities only 9am-2pm|
|September 18||Rosh Hashanah||Close at 3pm|
|September 19||Rosh Hashanah||Closed|
|September 20||Rosh Hashanah||Closed|
|September 21||Tzon Gedalia (Fast Day)||Open|
|September 27||Kol Nidre||Close at 3pm|
|September 28||Yom Kippur||Closed|
|October 2||Sukkot||Close at 5pm|
|October 9||Shemini Atzeret||Close at 5pm|
|October 10||Simchat Torah||Closed|
|October 11||Simchat Torah||Closed|
|November 25||Thanksgiving||Close at 5pm|
|November 26||Thanksgiving||Fitness Facilities only 9am-2pm|
|November 27||Thanksgiving||Fitness Facilities only 9am-5pm|
|December 10||Chanukah (1st Candle)||Open|
|December 11-18||Chanukah (1st day - 8th day)||Open|
|December 24||Christmas Eve||Close at 5pm|
|December 25||Christmas Day||Open 9am-2pm|
|December 31||New Year’s Eve||Close at 5pm|
|January 1, '21||New Year’s Day||Fitness Facilities only 9am-2pm|